The Great Onion Knighthood

What Are You Playing Now?

This board is for video game discussion. Please try to stay on topic, but some antics will be tolerated.

Re: What Are You Playing Now?

Postby Onion Knight » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:32 pm

I'm pretty sure Kinguin announces himself as Dread Mage every time he goes to any social function, or when working in his unofficial capacity as a pirate. Athco largely just roll their eyes at him; Mage Jim gets a dose of Mjollnir.

As for the city management game, yes, it begins as soon as the gates slam behind Atheme when he leaves for Arkalen prior to the Vaelius novel. The game is called "I Am Empor!" Will Kinguin be a benevolent dictator, or a ruthless despot? You decide! Plays largely like Sim City, only the city is prebuilt and most of your toolbar is various natural disasters. There will also be action levels interspersed where you must either conquer Itrius, or quash rebellions, depending on play style. A secret ending will involve the creation of Mobile Castle Felthespar, who will be fully playable on NG+.
"It's either 'your mom' jokes or me."
"Then I, like so many men before me, must reluctantly choose your mom."
Onion Knight
Grand Councilor
Grand Councilor

Postby Abaddon Daemon » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:21 pm

By "most of your toolbar is various natural disasters" do you mean "weather spells Kinguin knows"?
I am Abaddon Daemon
You can call me AD
Abaddon Daemon
Grand Councilor
Grand Councilor

Postby Onion Knight » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:05 pm

Well, there will be your various sundry effects like tornados, hurricanes, and earthquakes, but also things like rampant fires, shadow dragon attacks, marching armies of Heraldic Automatons, Ultima, and so on.
"It's either 'your mom' jokes or me."
"Then I, like so many men before me, must reluctantly choose your mom."
Onion Knight
Grand Councilor
Grand Councilor

Postby DarkHorseRequiem » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:04 am

When you say "Benevolent Dictator", you mean "Ruthless Despot", right?

Ah man, Athco. Brings me back, man.
DarkHorseRequiem
Knight
Knight

Postby cren3856 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:45 pm

Resident Evil 7 is actually really fun. A more combat oriented and slightly less scary/tense Alien Isolation.
cren3856
Gold Knight
Gold Knight

Postby DarkHorseRequiem » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:43 am

Shadow of the Colossus makes me cry, man. I'm watching a speedrun and I'm depressed now.
DarkHorseRequiem
Knight
Knight

Postby cren3856 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:52 am

Tried playing DOOM but couldn't really get into it mostly because of how much I hate the Glory Kill system. Neat the first couple of times but it got old real quick. Soundtrack is amazing though.

Got around to playing Deus Ex Human Revolution. While good, it definitely has a problem with awarding too much experience. Got all the good stuff for sneaking a while ago and don't know what to do with all these extra upgrade points since the other upgrades are either useless or more suited for combat. Randomized dialog results is pretty dumb too.
cren3856
Gold Knight
Gold Knight

Postby Abaddon Daemon » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:22 am

I decided I needed an emotional break from the Souls series because it's hard, and hates you.

So I'm playing Horizon: Zero Dawn. Or Robot Dinosaur Hunter 2017, as it should be called. I'm currently playing on Very Hard mode, as is my way. It's going pretty well... of course, I'm already trying to plan out a Very Hard NUR... so clearly I still have problems. Even my "breaks" arent good enough.

I actually think a Very Hard NUR of this game could be quite difficult. I dont know what the latter game content winds up being like, but I know that some of the early game story missions are *surprisingly* difficult for what I had assumed was going to be a mainstream casual game for casuals.

That said, the hardest parts of the game have still proven to be, by and far, the optional content. So I *THINK* a "story-missions only" path could still be pretty reasonable (again, not having seen the latter endgame missions yet). The part I'm struggling with is whether or not I'm going to buy additional weapons in my run.

The game forces you to pick up certain weapons at certain story checkpoints... so in theory you should have enough to get by. It would at least be *interesting* to see what the game considers the "minimal necessary arsenal" to beat it... although without upgrades, AND on Very Hard... that might all add up to a real nightmare for the endgame content. I really dont know.
I am Abaddon Daemon
You can call me AD
Abaddon Daemon
Grand Councilor
Grand Councilor

Postby Abaddon Daemon » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:22 pm

I finished my no upgrade run of Horizon: Zero Dawn on Very Hard. It was... just the right amount of challenge, I think. Really difficult, but there was no part where you had to be like, incredibly perfect for long stretches of time. The final boss has a checkpoint every 25% health, so... that made what would've otherwise been a maybe impossible part of the game become quite manageable.
I am Abaddon Daemon
You can call me AD
Abaddon Daemon
Grand Councilor
Grand Councilor

Previous

Return to Gaming